Associate Analyst, ResearchApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Associate Analyst, Research position is part of a team responsible for implementing and executing Research initiatives to aid in the development, promotion and maintenance of CBS content for CTN stakeholders and executives.
- Daily collection and distribution of Nielsen ratings, this includes local market ratings, fast affiliate ratings and national ratings (Live+SD, Live+7 and C7 ratings).
- Access data from the Nielsen site and the CBS in-house computer system.
- Fact check notable rating performances of nightly programs.
- Copy and distribute various regular reports: Weekly Primetime packet, Weekly Non-Prime packet, Series Tracking, Daytime Tracking and Late Night Tracking.
- Generate Tracking reports for CBS Programs (including but not limited to Primetime, Daytime and Late Night) as well as movies and specials that air on the broadcast networks.
- Prepare Weekly 5-Network Calendar and Monthly Cable Calendar.
- Prepare Minute by Minute rating charts for CBS programs, which requires watching and annotating the program to match program material with the minute ratings.
- Assist with Primary Research Testing (pilot testing, episode maintenance testing, promo testing and various panel surveys).
- Access data from TVC Las Vegas and various vendor sites.
- Annotate the dial curve testing portion of the program test.
- Code the verbatim (open-ended responses) section of the program testing.
- Note taking for the focus group portion of the testing.
- Assist the Research analysts and managers with ad hoc projects.
- Maintain the CBS in-house computer files.
- Maintain the department rating files.
- Provide general clerical work.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (excel, word and power point).
- Possess a strong interest for a career in media research and related fields.
- Must have a passion for television content (broadcast, cable, streaming, etc.).
- 1-2 years experience in TV research preferably at a network (broadcast/cable), local station, syndicator/studio, ad agency or research vendor is preferred.
- Working experience with Nielsen products is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled