Administrative Assistant, Talent & CastingApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Assist SVP of Casting in all business aspects including:
- Schedule all meetings including actor generals, internal meetings, network tests, etc.
- Enter actor meetings into database for tracking.
- Maintain call logs.
- Maintain / update contacts (agents, managers, EPs, CDs, etc).
- Compile and submit monthly expenses using Chrome River.
- Keep track of 20+ one-hour current shows for weekly reports:
- Check daily session sheets from every show for possible actor conflicts.
- Track all breakdowns for every episode.
- Track every guest & co-star for every episode of every show.
- Track all outlines each week for every show.
- Track all of the air and start dates for every episode of every show.
- Create and maintain contact grids for each show.
- Track all crew lists for contract grids.
- Input all episodic cast lists into database.
- Make/pull sides as needed.
- Create memos as needed.
- Keep track of all drama pilots during pilot season:
- Make / maintain contact grids.
- Create avail lists and memos for all pilots.
- Track all drafts of each script.
- Make/pull sides as needed.
- Track all sessions and breakdowns for each pilot.
- Run drama network tests:
- Make session packets for executives.
- Get demos for every actor testing.
- Arrange parking for all attendees.
- Escort guests.
- Set up test room.
- Pull scenes for actors’ demos and upload to Castit for viewing using editing software.
- Conduct online research using YouTube, IMDB, Breakdown Express, Studio System, Google, etc.
- Provide back up for EVP’s assistant as needed.
- Help answer phones for the entire office.
- Order beverages for office and tests.
- Arrange studio clearances for guests.
- Arrange theatre tickets.
- Arrange travel for SVP.
- Organize / sort incoming and outgoing mail.
- Track vacation / personal / sick days for SVP.
- 1-2 years of casting or related experience preferred (will consider strong internships).
- Administrative support experience is required.
- Strong interest in Casting is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be collaborative and a team player.
- Four year college degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled