Administrative Assistant - Program PracticesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Front desk assistant reports to the West Coast Program Practices administrative executive and provides general support to one Director and other Program Practices Editors.
- Responsible for overseeing and trafficking mail and deliveries, with critical responsibility to forward time-sensitive materials to appropriate executives as well as properly redirecting materials when executives are unavailable.
- Answer phones, prepare expense reports, print various forms and scripts and order office supplies.
- Organize and update department files.
- Have knowledge preparing time sheets, vacation calendars and other various reports in order to back up the administrative assistant when necessary.
- Learn how to prepare the parental Guidelines Ratings Report in order to back up the Coordinator when necessary.
- Assist editors in reviewing various show materials.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous administrative support in the industry and /or CBS preferred.
- The ability to work independently, pay attention to details and use common sense is essential.
- The assistant should possess good interpersonal skills and practice good business etiquette.
- Reliability and excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Adobe required.
- College degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled