Administrative Assistant, Archive Productions Rights Unit, CBS NewsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Tracks and maintains high-volume Decades requests and deliverables on a daily basis.
- Maintains CBS News and CBS News Productions archival records by regularly scanning and digitizing files into online database for a permanent reference.
- Works with Director, Manager and Supervisor to learn the rights screening process. Sits in on rights screenings and helps evaluate third party rights risks for the Decades, BBC Education, WazeeDigital and in house CBS projects.
- Researches and pulls CBS News archival material for collective rights review prior to client licensing and sales.
- Files important client correspondence in order to track client licensing requests.
- At the request of Director and Manager, reviews the CBS News MAM archival database regularly to determine availability of footage for potential client sales. Recognizes and evaluates various rights and legal restrictions in MAM in order to avoid licensing issues.
- Collects, reviews and refines CBS News division programming information for our BBC Education and WazeeDigital client lists on a quarterly basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled