Administrative Assistant, Alternative ProgrammingApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS Television Network is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support both a Vice President and Director of Alternative Series Development/Programming. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Reality Television industry and passion for the genre. Candidates should have leadership experience and exhibit the ability to work in demanding situations with ease.
- Heavy phones
- Rolling calls
- Heavy scheduling
- Coordinating meetings and travel
- Expense reports
- Assisting with projects/events as needed
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working for a Television Executive, Talent Agency, or as a Production Assistant.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Strong administrative skills (experience rolling calls is a must).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in dealing with the TV creative community.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in Alternative Programming (Development and/or Production) is preferred.