Account Service Representative - Daytime SalesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Network Sales department seeks an Account Service Representative (ASR) to assist five Daytime Account Executives (AE's). Will also act as the point person for the Detroit, Chicago and Los Angeles offices regarding the status of available sales inventory. The ASR coordinates the coverage of all short term sales available inventory. aking direction from the SVP, he/she will work with all the AE's and sales assistants to execute movement of client inventory from one date to another, sell short-term available inventory and distribute audience deficiency units. Also serve as a back-up Account Executive during the absence of the aforementioned AE's. Reports to the SVP, Daytime Sales.
- Arrange make goods for program changes on upfront sales orders.
- Prepare and update stewardships on upfront sales orders.
- Liaise between the Entertainment division and Primetime Sales
- Make sales calls to Media Directors and Media Planners at Agencies.
- Coordinate sales efforts with CBS’ Account Executives.
- Generate a regular flow of client information to VP’s of Marketing and Account Executives.
- Work with marketing, research and promotion departments to develop tailored sales presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three plus years of either ad sales planning experience (preferably broadcast or cable) or buying experience at an agency
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must have the ability to focus and navigate through the ever changing demands of a fast-paced work environment
- Must be extremely organized, detailed and accurate with exceptional foresight
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- College degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled