403G Maintenance Technician / Windows Support EngineerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Provide Windows engineering maintenance support, troubleshooting, and administration for IT based video/audio and automation systems for television in the CBS-NY Broadcast Center, in a 24x7x365 environment.
Manage and administer software deployment. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Technical Maintenance personnel to install, configure, and debug automated broadcast systems applications. Assist Operations and Technical Maintenance personnel in resolving on-air problems. Develop test routines and monitoring solutions. Write standard operating procedures. Generate and update system documentation.
- Extensive experience required with Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012 and Win7/8 operating systems.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Proficiency with MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree, minimum of 5 years experience working in IT or broadcast engineering required.
- Experience with Linux, HP Blade subsytems, Symantec Endpoint Protection, VMware virtualization, and Amazon Web Services desired.
- Knowledge of Symantec Altiris Solutions, Big Fix, and Red Hat Satellite for managing IT infrastructures preferred.
- Awareness of Audio, Video, Control Data, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled