403G Maintenance Technician / Network Support EngineerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Provide Network engineering maintenance support, troubleshooting, and administration for IT based video/audio and automation systems for television in the CBS-NY Broadcast Center, in a 24x7x365 environment.
Configuration, troubleshooting and repair of IT computer networks. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Technical Maintenance personnel to install and debug automated broadcast systems. Provide day-to-day support of networked systems within the broadcast network infrastructure. Develop test routines and monitoring solutions. Commission network edge switches, routers, firewalls and related systems. Document support procedures specific to network systems to be utilized by the Technical Maintenance and Engineering departments.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining IT firewalls, routers, IP subnets, and networked storage systems.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize activity in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Proficiency with MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree, minimum of 5 years experience working in IT networking, or broadcast engineering required.
- Avaya ERS and VSP series switches/routers, and Cisco Nexus switches and ILS networks experience preferred.
- Experience with management and administration of Red Hat and IP tables desirable.
- Experience with Riverbed Cascade / SteelCentral, Riverbed Steelhead, Gigamon solutions, and Amazon Web Services desired.
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, Control Systems, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled