403G Maintenance Technician / Network Support EngineerApply
Provide Network engineering maintenance and support, troubleshooting, and administration for IT based video/audio and automation systems for television in the CBS-NY Broadcast Center, in a 24x7x365 environment.
Configuration, troubleshooting and repair of IT computer networks. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Technical Maintenance personnel to install and debug automated broadcast systems. Provide day to day support of networked systems within the broadcast network infrastructure. Develop test routines and monitoring solutions. Commission network edge switches, routers, firewalls and related systems. Document support procedures specific to network systems to be utilized by the Technical Maintenance and Engineering departments.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining IT firewalls, routers, IP subnets, and networked storage systems.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to multi task and prioritize activity in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Proficiency with MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree, minimum of 5 years experience working in IT networking, or broadcast engineering required.
- Avaya ERS and VSP series switches/routers, and Cisco Nexus switches and ILS networks experience preferred.
- Experience with management and administration of Red Hat and IP tables desirable.
- Experience with Riverbed Cascade / SteelCentral, Riverbed Steelhead, Gigamon solutions, and Amazon Web Services desired.
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, Control Systems, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferred.