Story Coordinator/ BookerApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
The nationally syndicated television newsmagazine, Inside Edition, is seeking a Story Coordinator/Booker with strong research, development, and booking skills. Under the direction of the Co-Executive and Senior Producers, the Story Coordinator will be responsible for researching background information, collecting visual elements, securing interviews, and conducting pre-interviews. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while remaining calm under pressure.
· Book interviews and conduct pre-interviews
· Research background information utilizing various sources, including Nexis and social media
· Collect all elements required for developing news reports on day-of-air and longer term deadlines
· Provide input for show story ideas
· Work on ad hoc projects as assigned
· 1+ years of television booking and news gathering experience preferred; internship experience considered
· News research experience required; demonstrated ability to obtain information under tight deadlines
· Ability to book interviews and conduct pre-interviews for television required
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Communication or Journalism degree, preferred