Senior Director, News SalesApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
CBS Studios International is actively seeking a Senior Director, News Sales. This person is responsible for delivering the revenue goals for the organization’s news and sports properties.
Successful candidates need to be results oriented and able to perform the tasks listed below. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list and the individuals applying for this position must have the ability to foresee changes in the television industry and adjust accordingly.
- Establish goals for annual sales revenues and subsequent forecasting, tracking and reporting revenue during the year
- Develop new products with appropriate pricing with intent to increase annual sales revenues.
- Internal communication with CBSSI Team on new CBS News product and associated rights clearances
- Point person with CBS News managers about upcoming program content, coverage plans and changes in service
- Create sales proposals, presentations and marketing materials aimed to satisfy individual client needs and add value to CBS
- Domestic and International travel for client meetings, news conferences and sales markets
- Handle clients’ special requests and ensure product is serviced properly.
- Daily prospecting of new business
- Be the expert on News and the News marketplace
- Provide CBSSI international sales offices with up to date information on news product and have ongoing communication/local market intelligence
- Coordinate with CBSSI Business Affairs for the timely issuance of contracts and with Accounts Receivables for collection of payments
- Meet and exceed annual revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field
- 10+ years of experience in news, sales, international experience
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must successfully pass a background check