SVP Business Affairs - CBS Media VenturesApply
CBS Media Ventures, the pre-eminent producer and distributor of major first-run television series including Entertainment Tonight, Judge Judy, Dr. Phil and Inside Edition, seeks a senior or mid-level business affairs executive. The position will be based in Santa Monica, CA and will report to the EVP, Business Affairs. Major responsibilities will include:
- Structure, negotiate, document, and manage agreements with talent and production companies for CMV’s first-run series, development agreements, rights acquisitions and rights licenses
- Provide advice and counsel to senior CMV executives, executive producers, and other senior program executives on all business affairs matters and strategy
- Work closely with Labor Relations, Human Resources and other departments to manage union and/or guild issues or grievances and/or employment issues that may arise in connection with CMV distributed productions
- Direct outside counsel with respect to any litigation connected with the productions
- Supervise a junior Business Affairs attorney and paralegal
- Perform other general or special business and legal affairs matters as directed by the EVP and Legal
- JD Required, California Bar or California RIHC eligible
- Minimum of 7 years business affairs experience within the entertainment industry (law firm and production company a plus)
- Knowledge of current business affairs trends and guild/union agreements
- Superior communication, negotiation and drafting skills
- Extraordinary organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects with a keen attention to detail
- Professional and confident demeanor; excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy; and extremely flexible
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.