CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
Genre leader ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT is looking for an experienced News Coordinator. This key member of the news team for both broadcast and digital must have excellent news judgment; extremely comfortable working on a tight deadline; must be organized and can juggle multiple projects at once. The News Coordinator works 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday through Thursday. Shift hours are subject to change.
· Act as point person for the News Desk evening shift, generating and investigating substantial news content for all ET broadcast and online platforms
· Gather news, video, and social media content for the daily show and organize all of these elements in Avid
· Field produce as needed; prepare detailed shoot reports listing all interview highlights, interview summaries, and details on what occurred on all shoots
· Assist in breaking news and on-going story coverage through internet research and phone calls to police, fire, courts and celebrity publicists
· Satellite coordinating as needed
· Produce content in the field for use in both features and breaking news segments.
· Help monitor social media sites and the web often and as needed
· Compile and distribute documents pertaining to the next day’s broadcast
· Must have exceptional news judgment; we’re looking for a person who won’t settle for second place in the constant race for news-making information and interviews
· Broadcast newsroom experience preferred
· Experience with iNews and Avid is a plus
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Loves all things pop culture and celebrity news
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience