Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Proactively organizing and assisting two attorneys
- Work as liaison with editorial, promotion, press and affiliate relations personnel to obtain scripts, tapes, releases and other material for legal review
- Prepare first drafts, for attorney review, of various contracts (employment, rights acquisition, syndication).
- Maintain legal files and track disposition of internal and external requests made to the legal department.
- Conduct NEXIS/LEXIS searches
- Manage calendars for attorneys, including scheduling of meetings and telephone calls
- Handle multiple administrative tasks for attorneys, e.g. processing expense reports;
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Handling confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills in-person, on the telephone and by email.
• High standards of professionalism and confidentiality
• Highly proactive, self-starter and eager to take initiative
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task within tight time constraints
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent writing and communication skills and
• Excellent word processing skills using the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Undergraduate degree preferred