Financial Analyst Intern - 2020Apply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
CBS Television Distribution is currently seeking a Financial Analyst Intern. The Financial Analyst Internship is an excellent opportunity for students to gain experience working in a fast-paced work environment in the entertainment industry. As an intern, you will be exposed to many different facets of the business cycle. Responsibilities include assisting with data gathering and fact-finding, data analysis and presentation of findings. You will prepare journal entries for monthly, quarterly and year-end closing. Other projects will be assigned as needed.
The person holding this position works closely with the credit and collection team by assisting with professional support work assignments. The intern will process accounting-related information such as preparing cash applications and adjustments. Other duties may include clerical work and assisting in preparing client profile validations. The individual will contribute to the accuracy and timely reporting of weekly and monthly A/R reports utilizing spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications. Other financial, clerical and accounting tasks are to be performed as assigned.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Ability to evaluate, entering and verifying data.
- Capability to maintain files, records, and documentation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use computerized systems, various software applications, and standard office equipment.
- Must be attending an accredited college or university, majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Oracle is preferable.
- Must be available to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Preferred: 6-month minimum, or 1,000 hours (whichever comes first)