Director, Product RightsApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Business Affairs Administration, and is located in the CBS Global Distribution Group’s [CGDG] Santa Monica, California office with frequent travel to CGDG’s TV City-Hollywood location.
Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment as efficient time management, accuracy and strong communications skills are critical. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the organization and distribution of product rights-in data for all product maintained and distributed by CGDG in support of its International and Domestic Sales teams
- Proactive pursuit of product information from executives and personnel at various CBS and CGDG entities, including, Showtime, CBS Interactive, News, Sports, and Network for all active Network series, CBS Studios productions and first-run syndication, off-network and library series
- Oversight of various internal and proprietary data management systems working with IT and Sales Administrative teams to develop, upgrade and implement systems and processes
· Liaise regularly with CGDG’s International and Domestic departments to confirm and maintain the accuracy of all product information, including meta data, air dates and distribution rights and restrictions
· Oversight of the Director of Product Rights position in the collection and maintenance of product rights information, as well as the communications and distribution of information to various CGD executives and sales teams
· Entry and maintenance of product metadata, rights, restrictions and music clearance information in CGDG International’s internal B2B database
· Such other tasks or responsibilities as may be identified
Applicant for this position must possess advanced Excel skills with ability to accurately organize significant amounts of detailed data. A minimum 10 years Product Rights media experience
Experience with a studio, network, or television distribution company is a desirable. Knowledge of SalesForce is a plus.