Director, International ResearchApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop sales pitches and marketing materials to showcase CBS success in the international marketplace
· Create reports for sales team to help drive renewals of CBS series with optimal licensing terms
· Support divisional groups, including marketing, sales admin, publicity, legal, and channels with ad hoc research needs by compiling, analyzing and interpreting ratings and data
· Meaningfully summarize and disseminate pertinent research, trends, and news information to relevant internal stakeholders
· Ownership of external vendor relationships while assessing new ones to expand research capabilities
· Manage research department budget
· Oversee junior analyst
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
· 6+ years of experience in ratings research at a distributor, broadcast network or cable network.
· 3+ years of international TV research experience.
· Strong ability write creative sales presentations and one-sheets based on the performance of our slate of studio-owned content
· Strong ability to objectively analyze ratings information that instructs and informs internal stakeholders
· Comfortable and effective in interfacing with junior staff, top management and outside vendors
· Excellent knowledge of the television business, evolving trends and their impact on business functions.
· Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
· Proficient in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proficient in TV ratings/tracking software including MediaLogiq/ITVR, MediaMetrie, EMS, 4CInsights/Teletrax, and Nielsen’s NNTV and NPower.
· A passion for television, new media and storytelling with data