Director, Business Development, CBS Television Distribution Brand Studio (NY or LA)Apply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
The Director of Business Development at CBS Television Distribution Brand Studio will work closely with external clients and CBS Brand Studio’s branded content, marketing, production, and media sales teams to sell-through meaningful partnerships that help drive revenue for CBS Television Distribution’s slate of premium properties: Entertainment Tonight, Daily Mail TV, Inside Edition, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Rachael Ray, Dr. Phil, The Doctors, and upcoming Face the Truth.
This role brings entrepreneurial excitement within a large, established media company. You will be working with a variety of brands in multiple categories across numerous television shows, forging deals that include completely new business models and pitching partnerships on recently launched properties.
Candidate must be a self-starter, dynamic "hunter," and possess outstanding sales negotiation and inter-personal relationship skills. This position must draw on knowledge and expertise within the sales, television, PR, brand marketing, original content development, partnerships, and business planning industries. The position will be located in either NY or LA.
Role and Responsibilities
· Analyze and prospect new business opportunities to generate revenue through innovative branded content programs
· Successfully craft and sell meaningful, integrated in-show content with digital, social, media, PR and promotional elements through ongoing, proactive outreach direct to clients and through public relations firms
· Forge strong connections with PR firms and relevant brand marketers and foster genuine relationships with internal partners to galvanize support for programs
· Identify new ways to drive revenue for the division
· Work with marketers to gain a deep understanding of their brand, campaign, objectives, target and messaging
· Thrive working cross-functionally; interface daily with media sales, digital, research, marketing, legal, and finance teams to ensure cohesive integrated client campaigns
· BA/BS degree with 6+ years of relevant sales, marketing, or PR/media agency experience
· Superior client interaction, presentation and negotiation skills
· Solid understanding of branded content/integrated marketing practices
· Possess a broad network of PR contacts and comfort with reaching out to new prospects
· Highly professional, driven and motivated with excellent follow-up
· Experienced customer service skills and a can-do attitude
· Proven successful sales record
· Talent for identifying potential "up and coming" partners
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Thinks creatively and strategically
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Passionate about new and emerging media trends and practices