Coordinator, Marketing & EventsApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
The successful candidate is results oriented, with experience in working with and through groups to achieve desired outcomes. The candidate additionally should possess excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills. Must be self-motivated, pay attention to detail and be able to communicate with senior staff and volunteers to ensure successful events. Candidate must be able to work within a team and execute directives given by senior executives in an efficient, expedient way.
- Provides material and logistical support for annual sales markets, including MIPCOM, MIPTV, LA Screenings and NATPE, as well as for internal events and other key executive meetings.
- Performs a variety of functions associated with events and programs including but not limited to logistics, communications, and production of collateral materials.
- Attends and supports event committee meetings.
Primary job responsibilities
- Support CBS Global Distribution events, both internal and external.
- Oversee planning, execution, and follow-up activities for tradeshows and sales meetings.
- Identify and implement effective processes and procedures to ensure smooth and professional events.
- Oversee budget management and tracking.
- Manage post-event metrics and reporting.
Secondary job responsibilities
Serve as back up coordinator to Manager of Marketing for all on-air video needs including:
- Clearance & Acquisition - Interface with editing/clearance teams at CBS, CW, Showtime and CBSSI Publicity to repurpose domestic promotional material for international broadcast use. Research clearances on an individual basis as needed. Supervise the editing process of bespoke CBSSI promotional assets.
- Archive all on-air promos - both digital and tape libraries, upon receipt according to proper naming conventions and clearance information. Maintain and refine an inventory of 3000+ tapes comprising the entire on-air promotional library for our series.
- Day & Date Distribution - Distribute promos to all international clients via digital delivery. Requires heavy liaison with distribution vendors and recipients to ensure timely, accurate delivery and that specific clearance notifications are shared.
- Distribution of Publicity Material - Process publicity requests from clients, seek internal approval from appropriate publicity member and distribute material to client.
- Publish video content on CBS Studios International’s internal servicing site for client distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in special event and/or program implementation, special event logistics, social media platforms and administrative support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact with staff across diverse backgrounds.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.