Associate Producer Entertainment News - Entertainment TonightApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a division of ViacomCBS. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
- Generate news content for ET broadcast and digital, including booking interviews, reporting and identifying newsy elements for show pieces
- Gather news, video, and social media content for the daily show and organize all these elements in Avid
- Field produce as needed; prepare detailed shoot reports listing all interview highlights, interview summaries, and details on what occurred on all shoots
- Assist in breaking news and on-going story coverage through internet research and phone calls to police, fire, courts and celebrity publicists
- Produce content in the field for use in both features and breaking news segments.
- Help monitor social media sites and the web often and as needed
- Compile and distribute documents pertaining to the next day’s broadcast
- Must have exceptional news judgment; we’re looking for a person who won’t settle for second place in the constant race for news-making information and interviews
- Broadcast newsroom experience preferred
- Experience with iNews and Avid is a plus
- Loves all things pop culture and celebrity news
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.