Administrative Assistant, SalesApply
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp. For more information, go to www.cbstvd.com.
- Supporting Sales Executive’s and serving as a liaison among sales departmental staff, external parties and other internal departments such as sales administration, cable sales, research, marketing, operation, product rights and legal.
- Maintaining Sale Executive’s (Senior Vice President of Content Distribution) appointment schedules in addition to planning and scheduling meetings and teleconferences.
- Manage heavy phones and handle/direct messages as well as maintain accurate and up-to-date contact databases.
- Open, review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail, and distribute correspondence and other materials.
- Book and coordinate all aspects of business travel, including ground transportation and preparation of travel itineraries.
- Compile and submit monthly expense reports.
- Providing financial analysis to Sales Executives to better assist with negotiation planning, writing proposals, identifying/analyzing revenue opportunities and closing contracts.
- Developing comparison tables of products by researching product pricing, ratings and performance among all media platforms.
- Performing benchmarking analysis on products to identify sales opportunities and revenue targets.
- Researching clients' network niches, issues and goals to offer appropriate solutions and products.
- Abstracting agreements and other relevant documents to effectively communicate contractual deal terms and deadlines to sales executives concisely, accurately and in a timely fashion. Pertinent deal points include, but are not limited to, options, exclusivity, product availability and underlying rights.
- Researching and consulting with the following: business development, content acquisitions, outstanding business as well as scouting potential new business opportunities.
- Assisting with and/or coordinating the compilation, tracking and maintaining of agreements as well as other documents for ad hoc projects and transactions.
- Conserve Sales Executives’ (President of Broadcast Sales and Vice President of Content Distribution) time by collecting, analyzing and breaking down various large reports into small more digestible reports.
- Developing and helping to maintain a digital screener library to cut down on future costs.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 1-2 years of media experience preferred
· Must have strong PC skills and excellent communication skills
· Must be extremely organized and able to multitask
· Position requires good organizational skills, good communication skills, basic math skills, and attention to details
· Desire to learn about syndication, sales planning, and research is required
· Relevant administrative experience within the entertainment industry will definitely be considered
· Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel is required