2017 TV Research InternshipApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Distribution
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. Among CTD's critically-acclaimed programs are the #1 syndicated series Judge Judy; talk leader Dr. Phil; the #1 and #2 rated game shows Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!; the Emmy Award-winning talk shows Rachael Ray and The Doctors; the #1 and #2 newsmagazines Entertainment Tonight and Inside Edition, along with The Insider; court show Hot Bench; and popular off-network product, including the CSI and Star Trek franchises, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, NCIS, Criminal Minds, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Hot in Cleveland and Undercover Boss. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a unit of CBS Corp.
Want to work in television? Better know what a rating and a share is. Perfect internship for dependable, enthusiastic, and motivated students with career interests in the television industry and a desire to learn Nielsen rating methodologies.
- Preparation and distribution of Nielsen ratings, charts, and graphs utilizing MS Excel and MS Word
- Tracking program data, processing, and editing for network, syndication, and cable divisions
- Various related TV Research duties including miscellaneous office projects and office assistance
- Ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to constant change
- Willingness to take and follow directions and to ask questions when uncertain of task
- A strong sense of personal commitment to teamwork
Ideal candidate should have firm analytical skills and be a self-starter
Excellent proofreading skills desired
Must be available 5am - 10am & Saturday
Minimum committment is 6 months
MUST BE COLLEGE STUDENT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled