Warehouse Supervisor - ReceivingApply
CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Riverside, NJ, US
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Childrens Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for directing, delegating, coordinating and overseeing the workflow in the Receiving department on 2nd shift. The supervisor will build morale while enhancing areas of strength and improving areas of weakness.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM.
- Supervise a staff of seven employees
- Manage Receiving schedule to ensure trailers are unloaded and received at their appointed time
- Ensure that inbound is put away within 24 hours of receipt
- Ensure all hot trailer and put away requests are handled in a timely manner
- Ensure that employees are following SOP’s and meeting Labor Management numbers
- Research and resolve any receipt discrepancies
- Monitor putaway and profiling reports
- Assist employees with daily tasks to ensure that they are completed
- College Degree or equivalent Operations work experience
- Ability to drive pacer, reach, drexel, long John, & low rider
- Ability to use RF
- Ability to multi-task is a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Strong computer skills- Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime including Saturdays when needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled