Telesales Account ManagerApply
Simon & Schuster, Inc. is a global publishing company with prominent imprints, celebrated for publishing award-winning books for children and adults in multiple formats and categories.
We are looking for a Telesales Account Manager on the Independent Bookstore Team based in our New York office to sell our complete list—wholly-owned children’s, adult, audio, and distributed client titles—to an account base of 150 independent bookstores across the country. The telesales account manager is responsible for maximizing sales exposure for frontlist and backlist titles by performing analysis and using independent judgment to make recommendations on product selection and quantity to their accounts based on knowledge of both their customers and our titles.
- · Working with accounts to maximize promotional placement in-store and online
- · Managing coop budgets
- · Ensuring successful author events
- · Maximizing backlist exposure through inventory reviews as well as seasonal, thematic, and regional opportunities
- · Building strong relationships with accounts
- · Managing order processing and operational issues around stock, orders, and shipment
- · Actively participate in seasonal sales conferences and weekly team calls, as well as communicate to publishers about activities and opportunities in the territory
- · Providing excellent customer service
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in a mid-size or large publishing company
- Independent bookstore experience a plus
- Edelweiss savvy
- Avid, passionate reader
- Flexible, self-starter