Technical Project Manager (full time contract role)Apply
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Simon & Schuster has an exciting role for a Technical Project Manager with 2 - 3 years of experience to join a fast-paced, leading-edge team working to help advance it’s publishing business. In this role, you will be working with a small team of data scientists and analysts to rapidly prototype data applications and analytics tools to serve our fast-growing imprint.
The full-time position will report to the Director, Data Science and Analytics and will work to ensure projects meet expectations and are completed on schedule. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to deepen their technical project management skills by helping to build a team from the ground up.
● Plan project goals, scope, resource mix, budget and execution workflow.
● Align project plans to the strategic roadmap.
● Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
● Assign the daily tasks of technical personnel to ensure all personnel are actively working toward established milestones.
● Track project progress against set goals, timelines, committed results, quality gates, and performance metrics.
● Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
● Prepare weekly status updates to the project team as well as cross-organization and executives.
● Coordinate and schedule meetings, accurately record meeting minutes and ensure all members in meeting receive a clear recap.
● Support the communication of scope, project roadmap, priorities and key delivery status to project stakeholders and business teams.
● Anticipate challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
● Work to maintain a highly collaborative environment and promote a teamwork mentality.
● 2-3 years of experience in managing technical projects and priorities.
● Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods with particular emphasis on Agile/SCRUM.
● Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition preferred.
● Understanding of project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GSuite, AirTable, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visio, some Python (preferred, but not required).
● Strong problem-solving skills and technical aptitude (product feature/function understanding). Ability to act creatively, tactically, and strategically.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and associated collaboration focus.
● Experience working in an agile software development environment.
● Demonstrated ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and maintain high morale among team members.
● Strong English language oral and written communication skills with ability to copy edit/proof communications.