Senior Marketing Manager, Picture Books and Middle GradeApply
Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing is seeking a creative, organized, and energetic Senior Marketing Manager to oversee title-specific picture book & middle grade marketing campaigns
for the Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Margaret K. McElderry Books, Beach Lane Books, Paula Wiseman Books imprints
(Christian Robinson, Tony DiTerlizzi, Marla Frazee, Loren Long, Ashley Bryan, Doreen Cronin, Hena Khan, Stu Gibbs).
The role requires a detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional who can present marketing strategies at both in-house and out-of-house meetings, including to authors and agents.
An ideal candidate has proven experience spearheading campaigns for both established and debut authors and illustrators.
Specific duties include:
* Brainstorm, develop, and execute integrated title-specific marketing plans
* Oversee picture book and middle grade strategies across imprints
* Work closely with digital team to launch digital initiatives
* Develop creative for ads and other promotional items
* Present at sales meetings
* Prepare marketing proposals for potential acquisitions
* Explore cross-partnership opportunities
* Occasional travel to represent Simon & Schuster at consumer and trade festivals
* Oversee video content creation and development with digital team
* Collaborate with key in-house departments including: Marketing, Education and Library Marketing, Digital/Social Media Marketing, Publicity, Sales, and Editorial
*4+ years of experience in children’s book marketing
*Children’s book experience a must (picture book & middle grade experience a plus)
*Excellent copywriting skills
*Consumer marketing focus
*Knowledge of marketplace and trends
*Strong communication skills