Simon & Schuster is seeking a Publishing Assistant to work closely with the Publisher and the Director of a new Simon & Schuster imprint
As part of the Publishing Office, the Publishing Assistant is essential. While there is a significant administrative element, this is a thinking person’s job with creative responsibilities and opportunities. Major duties include:
Working directly with the Publisher, Editorial Director, Head of PMO/Managing Editor, and Cultural Intelligence Team to maintain annual publishing schedule.
· Scheduling meetings, compile and distribute meeting materials, maintain detailed follow-up notes and prepare weekly status reports for executive review
· Review, coordinate, and route catalog copy, jacket copy and mechanicals, pricing and reprint information
· Working closely with Editorial, Sales Support, and Managing Editorial
· Facilitate additional book content – reading group guides, back ads, author Q&A, digital bonus content
· Administrative duties as Assistant to the Publisher