Publicity Assistant, Simon & Schuster BooksApply
The Simon & Schuster imprint is seeking a Publicity Assistant to work in a very active publicity department with a dynamic publishing program planning and executing publicity campaigns for an array of titles, including distinguished works of narrative non-fiction and memoir; history and current affairs; popular culture; and commercial and literary fiction.
Key responsibilities include administrative duties, as well as involvement in all publicity-related aspects of the book publishing process, such as:
* Arranging and assembling multi-city book tours and author appearances.
* Writing press releases, targeted pitch letters, author bios and other promotional materials.
* Creating targeted mailing lists.
* Cultivating and maintaining media relationships.
*Sharing general administrative duties for the department with the other assistants, including billing, subscription and clips management, award submissions and more.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Fluency with current media trends and developing promotional platforms, including social media, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, et al.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.
Preferred Skills/Experience:· * Previous PR internship with a literary agency or book publishing house is preferred.