Publicity Assistant, S&S BooksApply
The Simon & Schuster imprint is seeking a Publicity Assistant to work in a very active publicity department with a dynamic publishing program planning executing publicity campaigns for an array of titles, including distinguished works of narrative non-fiction and memoir; commercial and literary fiction; as well as works in the lifestyle and wellness arena:
Key responsibilities include administrative duties, as well as involvement in all publicity-related aspects of the book publishing process, such as:
* Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, television, online and radio.
* Arranging and assembling multi-city book tours and author appearances.
* Writing press releases, targeted pitch letters, author bios and other promotional materials.
* Creating targeted mailing lists.
* Cultivating and maintaining media relationships.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Fluency with current media trends and developing promotional platforms, including social media, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, et al.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.