- Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing has an opening for an enthusiastic Publicist, who will create and independently implement successful event and media efforts for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle grade books and young adult titles. The person in this role will manage all aspects of multi-city author tours, secure media coverage, and interact with authors, illustrators, reporters, booksellers and internal staff.
- *Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, television, online and radio.
- *Arranging and assembling multi-city book tours and author appearances.
- *Spearheading author involvement in bookseller trade shows
- *Writing press releases, targeted pitch letters and other publicity materials
- *Creating targeted mailing lists.
- *Cultivating and maintaining author relationships.
* 3 years of experience in public relations, book publishing experience preferred
* Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment
* Exceptional writing and pitching skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
* Self-motivated, with proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
*Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.
*Proficiency with Publicity Assistant and Cision.