Simon & Schuster is seeking a Publicist to work in a very active publicity department planning and executing publicity campaigns for an array of titles, with particular emphasis on conservative media; history, current events and culture.
Key responsibilities include:
* Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, television, radio, and online (including bloggers).
*Marketing and social media of conservative books
* Arranging multi-city book tours, including arranging author appearances and setting up travel.
* Writing press releases, targeted galley letters, and other promotional materials.
* Creating targeted mailing lists.
* Cultivating and maintaining media relationships.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Fluency with current media trends including key conferences, social media, podcasts, and bloggers.
* Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented nature.
* Proficiency with Publicity Assistant and Cision.