Product Manager, Content Management SystemApply
Simon & Schuster is hiring a product manager to build and maintain a content management system (CMS) for creating books. This internal-facing CMS will facilitate producing a growing number of high-quality books on tight schedules. Working with editorial and production staff, you will define, document, and prioritize requirements and partner with an outside technology vendor to deliver them. You will write technical documentation and user guides and train staff to use the tool.
This role presents a unique opportunity to redefine how we make books. The ideal candidate will be a relentless advocate for the staff who use the system, seeking a deep understanding of their needs and developing a product that will enable them to focus on the core activities of their jobs.
- 2+ years of software product management experience
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Passion for books, with 3+ years of experience in book publishing strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Comfortable learning and discussing technology concepts
- Motivated and effective on your own initiative