National Account ManagerApply
The National Account Manager position responsible for selling select Children’s imprints to Barnes & Noble as well as the full Children’s list to Books-A-Million.
This position requires travel to Birmingham, Alabama seasonally and monthly sales calls to B&N. In this position, the National Account Manager is required to secure prime placement for our focus titles. They must analyze sales on a weekly basis and secure reorders as well as extend promotions in store. The sales rep must provide regular feedback on sales through weekly updates, call reports, sales call preparation and post-call follow-up meetings. They must conduct regular backlist reviews in an effort to increase models and visibility in stores. The sales manager must create and maintain strong relationships with Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million Buying Staff.
* 3-5 years of prior sales experience within the publishing industry is required.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills needed with the ability to effectively communicate with varied personalities at the account as well as all levels of management
* Strong ability to manage many projects simultaneously while attending to details and deadlines
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, knowledge of Edelweiss preferred
* Forward thinking, energetic, problem solver with focused relationship building skills.
* Passionate, dedicated reader.