Marketing & Publicity Manager (Melbourne)Apply
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement promotional strategies for designated titles and campaigns that generate sales and increase awareness of authors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Development and implementation of all elements of allocated book campaigns including PR, trade marketing, advertising, point-of-sale creation, digital media
· Liaise with the media to secure media coverage that delivers sales. This includes selling extracts; organizing TV, radio and print interviews; the creation of social media campaigns; and interacting with bloggers online
· Provide campaign information, presentations and any assets, as required, to the sales team for designated campaigns
· Effectively communicate promotional activities to internal and external stakeholders including authors, agents, international colleagues, media, etc.
· Organise and execute author tours including securing media and events, booking and confirming travel and accommodation requirements and organizing the authors day-to-day travel
· Organise and execute media conferences, events and launches
· Keep abreast of changes and developments within the media, marketing, retail and digital spaces
· Liaise with international colleagues to obtain marketing and publicity information and assets and ensure strategies are aligned
Required skills and experience:
· At least 2+ years’ experience in a marketing or PR role, with PR experience favourable
· Book industry, or similar industry, experience preferable
· The ability to multi-task and plan meticulously
· A strong verbal and written communicator
· An innovative thinker with creative flair and keen understanding of changing consumer behaviour
· Proficiency in using Microsoft packages
· Demonstrated skills in managing broad stakeholder relationships
· A team player and the ability to work in a small, collaborative, fast paced environment with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
· A keen reader
This is a critical role within a dynamic organisation and an ideal opportunity for you to have a positive impact on the continued evolution of our Australian business.
If you have the required skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and examples of your work with a covering letter online.