Marketing Manager, S&SApply
Simon and Schuster is looking for
an energetic, intelligent, enterprising candidate to help create and execute
the marketing campaigns for approximately forty Simon & Schuster books each
year with an emphasis in biography, narrative nonfiction and business titles.
Reporting to the VP, Associate Publisher, the Marketing Manager will work on a team with editors, publicists, and the publishing office to acquire, plan publishing campaigns, and launch books for one of the most venerable book imprints in the business.
Specific duties include:
* Develop marketing plans and prepare selling materials to present at monthly and seasonal sales meetings.
* Advise authors on growing their online platform through profiles and relevant posts on social media sites such as Facebook, GoodReads, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin
* Supervise creative for ads and other promotional items
* Coordinate e-mail marketing efforts with the Simon & Schuster digital marketing group
* Develop additional content for consumer marketing efforts including author videos, slide shows, reading group guides, listicles, Q&A’s, and original essays for placement on blogs and web sites
* Analyze engagement and other
digital campaign performance metrics to inform marketing decisions and guide
* Conduct marketing outreach efforts to niche web sites and blogs
* Prepare marketing proposals for potential acquisitions
* Integrate academic and FYE marketing initiatives into overall marketing campaigns
College degree with a minimum 3 years’ experience in trade book publishing required. Candidates must have strong organization, writing and presentation skills as well as an intuitive sense for how to position a book or book topic so it appeals to its intended audience. Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, as well as general computer skills are expected . Experience with basic design software a plus.