Senior Marketing Manager, Atria BooksApply
Atria Books is looking for
an energetic, intelligent, enterprising candidate to help create and execute
the marketing campaigns for approximately forty books each
year with an emphasis in commercial and literary fiction, memoirs and lifestyle
Reporting to the VP, Associate Publisher, the Senior Marketing Manager will work on a team with editors, publicists, and the publishing office to acquire, plan publishing campaigns, and launch books. Specific duties include:
* Develop marketing plans and prepare selling materials to present at monthly and seasonal sales meetings.
* Advise authors on growing their online presence through profiles on social media sites such as Facebook, GoodReads,Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Linkedin
* Supervise creative for ads and other promotional items
* Coordinate e-mail marketing efforts with the Simon & Schuster digital marketing group
* Develop additional content for consumer marketing efforts including author videos, slide shows, reading group guides, listicles, Q&A’s, and original essays for placement on blogs and web sites
* Conduct marketing outreach efforts to niche web sites and blogs
* Prepare marketing proposals for potential acquisitions
* Integrate academic and FYE marketing initiatives into overall marketing campaigns
College degree with a minimum 3 years’ experience in trade book publishing required. Candidates must have strong organization, writing and presentation skills as well as an intuitive sense for how to position a book or book topic so it appeals to its intended audience. Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, as well as general computer skills are expected . Experience with basic HTML, Design software a plus.