Marketing Coordinator, S&SApply
Simon and Schuster is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for the Simon & Schuster imprint. This person will provide the essential function of communicating all relevant editorial, marketing and scheduling information to the sales and corporate marketing teams. This role will also support the imprint marketing managers in developing and executing campaigns for the imprint’s major releases. The Marketing Coordinator will take a lead role in managing the imprint’s social media presence.
· Collecting and distributing all editorial and marketing materials for seasonal sales meetings and communicating deadlines to the imprint’s editorial, marketing and publicity staff members.
· Editing and reviewing seasonal sales catalog materials
· Managing the imprint’s social media accounts: post preparation and scheduling, fan and follower interaction, and long-term strategic marketing initiatives
· Managing GoodReads giveaways
· Conceptualizing and executing outreach to bookselling accounts, online influencers, book clubs, and other third parties for cross-promotion and giveaways
· Assisting with content creation and maintenance for the History in Five digital platform including scheduling Facebook posts and writing material for the monthly e-newsletter
· Compiling and writing company-wide weekly publicity and marketing round-ups
· Handling administrative responsibilities for the Associate Publisher and the marketing department including academic mailings and bill processing
Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, social media platforms, as well as general computer skills are expected. Strong time-management and organization skills are essential. Excellent writing and general communication skills are also expected. One to two years of experience working with the marketing or sales group at a trade publishing house is preferred.