Junior Royalty AccountantApply
Provide quality customer service through timely and accurate resolution of author, agent and editorial community inquiries.
Review, organize and maintain all completed author audit packages.
Assure that royalty reporting to authors and related payments are computed correctly in accordance with contractual clauses that govern the work.
Assure that all internal control procedures are followed.
Review, process and document appropriate/necessary adjustments to the Royalty Accounting System.
Perform various audits and reviews of royalty statements.
Run and analyze various reports to ensure quality and integrity of author contracts, royalty statements, and Royalty Accounting System.
Prepare manual author royalty statements for contracts that cannot be supported in the Royalty Accounting System.
Review, compare and submit changes for annual 1099 tax reporting related to royalty payments.
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Location: Parsippany, NJ
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 0-2 year work experience
- Intermediate abilities in MS Office Suite, strong Access experience a plus
- Computer Database (SQL) skills a plus
- Strong analytical skills; analyze data, identify problems and make recommendations for changes based on information.
- Ability to maintain customer relationships by meeting customer service needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work volume.