CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ, US
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
- Prepare inventory entries for international affiliates, and reconcile inventory balances.
- Perform monthly account analysis including account roll forwards and subsidiary ledger reconciliations.
- Maintain related performance metrics for warehouse operations and analyze and accrue expenses.
- Post entries and analyze trial balances for 2 International affiliates ledgers.
- Monitor and coordinate compilation of domestic corporate tax reporting & forecast schedules.
- Assist with statutory audit of Australian affiliate.
- Monitor inventory levels for all international affiliates and journalize inventory obsolescence entries.
- Maintain fixed asset registers for 2 entities; prepare and book depreciation.
- Analyze digital income and accrue related income for two international affiliates.
- Compute digital income from international markets, accounting for tax inclusive amounts and multiple currencies.
- Compute and accrue sales taxes on international digital income.
- Prepare and enter test entries in SAP and create and operate appropriate reconciliation processes for accounting post SAP implementation.
- Track and assess adequacy of bad debt reserves.
- Monitor and post property rental and FAS 143 entries.
- Post inter- and intra-company allocations and insure intercompany balance are reconcile.
- Monitor central payroll controls of affiliates.
- Monthly, enter forecast P&L's, Balance Sheets and cash flow items into TM-1 for international affiliates, and appropriate domestic accounts.
- BS in Accounting (minimum)
- CPA (full or part)
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of progressive Accounting work experience in a mid-size or large Company's Controllers organization; experience must include monthly closing, financial statement preparation, and analysis.
- CPA Firm experience a plus and can be substituted for other accounting work experience.
- Experience with financial reporting system and subsidiary ledger reconciliations, account analysis and roll forwards.
- Superior knowledge and advances skills in Excel, Word, Access, and Cognos.
- Experience and advance skills in using enterprise accounting ledger systems including Oracle, SAP, and financial reporting systems such as TM-1.
- Candidates with international reporting and Fx currency conversion are highly desired.
- Experience with GAAP and IFRS are expected with ability to research and interpret pronouncements.
- Demonstrated problem solving.
- Assertive and good communicator (Written and Oral).
- Independent with project management successes & skills.
- Solid Interpersonal skills as position requires interaction with the various business units and international affiliates.
- Advanced degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled