Human Resource GeneralistApply
The Human Resources Generalist provides services to all levels of employees and aids in the administration of Company policies, procedures and programs. Responsibilities fall into the areas of recruitment, employee relations, safety, training and development, compensation, and benefits.
Specific responsibilities include:
Recruits for positions at the Riverside and Parsippany, NJ locations
Investigates employee relation issues; issuing discipline and/or counseling
Oversees all Safety activities including:
Chairs Safety Committee
Trains all equipment operators
Adheres to all OSHA mandated courses
Investigates all incidents/accidents and provides appropriate responses/action
Reviews Worker’s Compensation claims and evaluates the need for training
Conducts orientation and onboarding of new employees as well as exit interviews
Assists in Employee training and development
Plays an active role in promoting diversity
- A Bachelor’s Degree required and at least 5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, employee relations and communications within a distribution facility. Must have knowledge of basic HR laws and applications. Employee relations/coaching and performance management experience.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as applicant tracking systems
- Excellent communication (both oral and written)
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and self-manage projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and possess strong presentation and training skills