CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Riverside, NJ, US
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
- Audit freight payment company’s weekly general ledger coding
- Establish new rules with freight payment company to reduce the coding of manual bills in-house
- Upload inbound title receipts freight allocation into Oracle projects and post to general ledger
- Prepare outbound freight schedules and post to general ledger
- Prepare month end miscellaneous freight schedule to be posted to the general ledger
- Run access queries for NY parcel shipments and post to cost centers
- Summarize and post intercompany freight to the general ledger
- Prepare lockbox deposit
- Analyze client freight and prepare monthly schedules.
- Complete balance sheet schedules and reconcile to general ledger
- Upload balance sheet forecast and budgets into TM1
- Warehouse and operations P&L responsibilities including analyzing capital expenditures and account analyses.
- Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of progressive Accounting work experience in a mid-size or large Company.
- Experience and advanced skills in using Excel, Word, Access and Cognos.
- Experience in using enterprise accounting ledger systems including Oracle and financial reporting systems such as TM1 are a strong plus.
- Ability to apply accounting fundamentals to transactions for proper application and recording.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled