CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for forecasting and reporting for one or more imprints. This is achieved by maintaining a series of departmental databases and related support schedules.
- The preparation of PPE's and postmortem P&L's
- Maintaining title by title frontlist database
- Forecast carryover and backlist sales based on history and current trends
- Working with associate publishers to review marketing expenditures
- Acting as editorial liaison responsible for all acquisition paperwork
- Preparation of monthly P&L to be presented to Publisher
- Working with accounting to ensure proper accruals have been booked during the monthly close
- Review actual results and understand all significant variances vs the budget, prior year and prior LBE
- Prepare title acquisition P&L's (PPE's), postmortem P&L 's and royalty write-off P&L’s (Ultimates)
- Review the Daily Sales report and work with IS&T to solve any issues with the automated report
- Continue to utilize external systems applications (TM1, Cognos, etc.) to enhance current reporting and analytical abilities and make recommendations whenever necessary for improvements and corrections
Prior FP&A experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled