Director, Project Management and OperationsApply
The Director of PMO and Operations is responsible for the creation and governance of all projects at this new venture, from ideation to launch. The Director will collaborate with the cultural and social intelligence analysts, editors, producers, UX and graphic designers, marketing managers, developers/engineers and other stakeholders to create innovative, customer-focused content.
● Manage and drive project schedules and the roadmap for the new analytics tool and book production to ensure deadlines and costs are met
● Plan and manage all daily operations
● Work with editorial team to provide consistency of voice and ensuring clean copy. Manage copyediting.
● Provided expertise about editorial processes
● Collaborate with the publisher to create the editorial and production budgets and track all costs
● Oversee and manage project managers, production editors, and outside vendors
● Monitor and report project status of all production to business partners and management, identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals, and implementing corrective actions
● Run weekly status report meeting and monthly Steering Committee meetings
● Ensure all documentation (new development and maintenance requirements) is complete, understandable and accessible
● Liaise with other divisions within S&S as needed, to get books published
● Oversee the content management system (CMS) for the new imprint and liaise with CMS product managers
● Collaborate with editorial and intelligence team to help develop and ensure consistency of content modeling for repurpose, repackaging and distribution
● Creation of new project intake process to validate IT or editorial effort and cost/benefit analysis prior to adding to roadmap
● Prioritize work for development and maintain a groomed backlog of work
● 7-10 years of experience in digital product management and in book production
● Publishing Industry and/or e-Retail experience is a plus
● Extensive experience in managing content production
● Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience in reading copy and editing as needed.
● Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with the ability to work under pressure. Must take initiative and work with a high level of professionalism.
● Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to independently drive projects to completion
● Experience with Agile development practices
● Solid knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
● Team leader who can clearly communicate strategies and goals
● Excellent executive presentation skills
● Gather the new imprint’s technical requirements for the content management system (CMS), collaborating with CMS product manager
● Highly motivated with the desire to grow within the organization
● Knowledge of current tech trends and capabilities
● Ability to integrate and execute in a matrixed, team-oriented, open and collaborative environment
● Minimal Travel: Less than 10%