Digital Marketing and Business AnalystApply
Simon & Schuster, a division of CBS, is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing and Business Analyst to perform data analytics and business modeling for our highly successful Pimsleur Language Programs business.
The Digital Business Analyst will have very strong analytical, statistical and modeling skills and will come from a direct response, eCommerce environment. Subscription business modeling and analysis is required.
On a broader scale this role is will help champion a data-driven culture and be responsible the overall health, maintenance, and accuracy of our data collection practices and assets. The candidate will be responsible for compiling, analyzing and informing business team with valuable data insights to drive business decision making. Specifically the role will include data analysis from multiple digital sources, including web analytics, mobile data, in app purchasing, marketing channels, internal sales data, and other sources. The analyst will report on business performance, and make recommendations for improvements.
The analyst will also perform business modeling with a focus on subscription marketing, including, acquisition, retention, and P&L impact.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in digital business reporting and analysis leveraging various digital analytics platforms, (Google Analytics, Itunes Connect) and have extensive experience with campaign management analysis, forecasting and modeling.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analyze and report on standard digital KPIs and report weekly
- Develop predictive models to forecast growth.
- Define and refine multi-touch attribution models to enhance marketing ROI.
- Work with development team and vendors on requirements and execution of improved tracking.
- inform the evolution of digital product development using data-driven analysis of app usage and analytics.
Database: lead evaluation efforts toward implementation of customer database solutions. Make recommendations regarding customer segmentation, data structure, and vendor solutions
- 5 years’ experience working on a digital direct response marketing team.
- Technical competence to perform more advanced analytics.
- Proven track record in developing models in the fields of marketing / revenue / consumer behavior, such as: response models, LTV, Churn & AB testing.
- Ability to translate business questions into analysis, create queries, interpret results, and present findings.
- Ability to analyze trends, synthesize data, and make strategic recommendations based on findings.
- Solid understanding of database architecture, data management, file integrations, data processing and hygiene. Prior experience building and managing internal or outsourced marketing databases a plus.
Prior experience working for a subscription-based and direct response business highly desirable. Experience with open source tools and technologies is preferred.