CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Riverside, NJ, US
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
The Credit Supervisor is an entry level management position with the potential for growth. This position directs a team of Cash Application Representatives that are responsible for the timely posting and application of cash receipts for all A/R customers. This also includes working with JPMorgan Chase and CyberSource to resolve any lockbox and credit card issues, respectively.
The Credit Supervisor is responsible for leading and overseeing the day-to-day tasks of the Cash Applications Team in regards to resolving daily SAP lockbox errors to ensure all payments post accurately and timely to the customer’s account on the A/R. These payments include checks, ACH/wires as well as credit card receipts. The Credit Supervisor is accountable and responsible for ensuring proper controls are in place for PWC-SOX Compliance as well as PCI Compliance. The Credit Supervisor is also responsible for reviewing an approving reports related to all cash receipt activity. Must be detail oriented, a problem solver, able to meet deadlines, work independently and work in a fast paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all cash receipts are posted and applied accurately.
- Provide expertise in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supervise a staff of Cash Application Representatives.
- Review and approve AutoUpload files for SAP Cash Application processing.
- Review and sign off on daily ACH/wire payments schedule as well as monthly Deposited Cash Receipts Report.
- Maintain detailed processes, procedures and tracking of Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI requirements as well as departmental compliance.
- Review, approve and submit documents for internal and external audit requests.
- Perform duties as the assigned CyberSource System Administrator for credit card processing and Decision Manager for fraud prevention.
- Manage and resolve customer issues and problems.
- Maintain and revise - when necessary – cash application policies and procedures to ensure changing business requirements and best practices are met.
- Work with various departments such as Order Entry, Customer Service, Customer Financial Services as well as the Sales Team to successfully identify payments received by new or existing customers.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Work with CBS IS&T on system issues and enhancements, as needed.
Related Work Experience
- 3 to 5 year’s experience in a computerized Cash/Credit Application Department.
- 1 to 2 year's experience managing and training employees
- Prior experience in Credit and Collections or Accounting Department management role.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required
- Masters in Finance or Accounting preferred
- SAP and Oracle experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of AR Systems, E-Commerce and Process Management.
- Regulatory compliance experience for SOX and PCI preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to implement and manage to Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail to perform timely and accurate reporting.
- Excellent pc skills with emphasis on advanced excel.
- Must be able to multitask with changing priorities.
- Must be able to facilitate problem solving with customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver timely on projects.
- Strong knowledge of workflow processing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled