Business Intelligence AnalystApply
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to perform data analytics and business modeling for our highly successful Pimsleur Language Programs business.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will have very strong analytical, statistical and modeling skills and will come from a direct response, eCommerce environment. Subscription business modeling and retention analysis is required.
On a broader scale this role will help champion a data-driven culture and be responsible the overall health, maintenance, and accuracy of our data collection practices and assets. The candidate will be responsible for compiling, analyzing and informing the business team with valuable data insights to drive business decision making. Specifically, the role will include data analysis from multiple digital sources, including web analytics, mobile data, in-app purchasing, marketing channels, internal sales data, and other sources. The analyst will report on business performance, and make recommendations for improvements.
The analyst will also perform business modeling with a focus on subscription marketing, including, acquisition, retention, and P&L impact.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in digital business reporting and analysis leveraging various digital analytics platforms, (Google Analytics, Google Firebase, iTunes Connect, tag managers, etc.) and have extensive experience with campaign management analysis, forecasting and modeling.
Other responsibilities include:
- Reporting on daily/weekly on marketing and sales performance.
- Develop monthly revenue & sales forecasts for direct response business.
- Analyze subscription acquisition and retention rates, and churn, in order to maximize lifetime value.
- Develop predictive models to forecast revenue growth.
- Advise on test set up and report on A/B optimization testing for mobile and web.
- Define and refine multi-touch attribution models to enhance marketing ROI.
- Work with development team and tag management vendors on requirements and execution of analytics tracking
- Inform the evolution of digital product development using data-driven analysis of app usage and analytics.
- Stay abreast of changes in tracking technology and consumer privacy to ensure data collection is uninterrupted.
- 5 years’ experience working on a digital direct response marketing team.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics.
- Proven track record in developing models in the fields of marketing / revenue / consumer behavior, such as: response models, LTV, Churn & AB testing.
- Ability to translate business questions into analysis, create queries, interpret results, and present findings to senior management.
- Ability to analyze trends, synthesize data, and make strategic recommendations based on findings.
- Solid understanding of database architecture, data management, file integrations, data processing and hygiene. Prior experience building and managing internal or outsourced marketing databases a plus.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, page tagging, aggregating of data from various digital sources.
- Experience with Python, excel and other tools for scripting and analysis.
Educational Background Required: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., economics, econometrics, statistics, finance, the sciences) required. Prior experience working for a subscription-based and direct response business is required.