Assistant Director of PublicityApply
CBS Business Unit: Simon & Schuster
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom.
Simon & Schuster is seeking an Assistant Director of Publicity to help plan and execute campaigns for a range of non-fiction and fiction (literary and commercial) works. Key responsibilities include:
- Pitching and securing significant national print, television, radio and online interviews and reviews for assigned titles.
- Writing persuasive press releases, galley letters, and other forms of written pitches
- Independently arranging and executing multi-city author tours, including local book events, media interviews, author travel, and pre-publication, buzz-building opportunities.
- Working with authors to craft and place exclusive essays and book excerpts
- Collaborating with outside literary p.r. agencies on select titles
- Creating targeted media mailings
- Maintaining consistent and supportive contact with authors and agents
- Collaborating with editorial, marketing, and sales teams on campaign execution, as well as overseeing a team of publicists
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years’ of book publicity experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker, as well as be assertive and persuasive in meetings
- Possess reliable national media relationships and knowledge of the media, marketplace and competition
- High-energy and passionate, possess exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects
Previous experience in book publishing highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled