CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
The scheduling of transmission facilities for all CBSSN Studio, Remote, Production, and Assignment Desk events.
The scheduling and coordination of remote transmission service providers, satellite, and fiber vendors.
Day of air coordination of all Studio and Remote broadcast transmission.
Perform technical evaluation and adjustments to all incoming signals. Set up and switching of all live remotes.
Trouble shooting any issues pertaining to the delivery of CBSN programming.
The Quality Control of all CBSSN produced/packaged programming prior to air.
The tracking of all CBSSN Programming to ensure the delivery to the CBSSN Origination Facilities.
Manage the CBSSN Conditional Access process and work with CBSSN cable affiliates to ensure the proper reception on the SD and HD networks.
All other duties as required.
• 5 years’ experience in Satellite, Fiber and IP transmission.
• Teleport/Fiber NOC experience
• Working knowledge of HD television master control and transmission systems.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful Live Remote Broadcast, breaking news situations, and system outages.
• Working knowledge of routers, server work flows, monitoring equipment, video formats, compression technologies, file formats, frame synchronizers and video conversion techniques.
• Ability to travel and work from NY and CT facilities.