CBS Sports Network is searching for a motivated, self-starting sports enthusiast to join its Operations team as a Ticker Operator. This freelance position will report to the Director, Operations and is a fit for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about sports, is proactive and has a desire to contribute to the network.
This role will assist in the production of content for the ticker to provide content and context while ensuring the accuracy of live news-and-information.
The Ticker Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
• Writing and editing news and information in a real-time environment
• Making editorial decisions
• Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of on-air content
• Researching original content for use on-air
• 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
• Working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, etc)
• Extensive knowledge of NCAA football and basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and other sports
• Willingness to work weeknights, weekends and holidays
• Highly proactive and organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detail-oriented
• Strong communication and written skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional ‘can do’ attitude at all times