CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
This role will assist in the production of content for the ticker to provide content and context while ensuring the accuracy of live news-and-information.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Writing and editing news and information in a real-time environment
- Making editorial decisions
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of on-air content
- Researching original content for use on-air
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA football and basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and other sports
- Willingness to work weeknights, weekends and holidays
- Highly proactive and organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional ‘can do’ attitude at all times