Summer 2018 CBS Sports Network Programming InternApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Sports Network
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Sports Network (CBSSN), the 24-hour home of CBS Sports, televises nearly 600 live events and over 3,000 hours of live programming every year including live college football, college basketball, and more from the MW, AAC, Big East, C-USA, A-10, Army, Navy, and the Patriot League. CBSSN is also the home to Professional Bull Riding and Arena Football League.
CBSSN has become the extension of CBS Sports sharing talent and graphics as well as providing support coverage of every major event that CBS produces including Super Bowl 50, SEC football, NCAA Tournament, The Masters, and PGA Championship.
The intern will support the Programming team in preparation for the upcoming basketball season. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute research towards basketball scheduling prep
- Contribute research towards creation of programming stunts
- Assist with college conference/partner presentations
- Assist with creation of weekly programming conditions and guidelines
- Proof reading, making schedule changes and other admin duties
- Solid knowledge and interest in sports, particularly college sports is required.
- Internships are in New York, NY. Selected students must be willing to relocate or commute at their own expense.
- Internships are typically given to rising college juniors and seniors, though some departments may accept freshmen, sophomores or graduate students. Upon acceptance, we will require a letter or transcript from your school confirming you are a matriculated student.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Previous media or television experience preferred but not required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
- Able to provide administrative support as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled